- What is healthier for you a; chocolate chip cookie or an orange?
- What is healthier for you a; green pepper or a Kit Kat Bar?
- What is healthier for you a; roast beef sandwich or a chicken wrap?
- What is healthier for you a; Big Mac or a happy meal?
Monday, December 31, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
I must precede the following routine with this statement “all the abdominal exercises in the world will not give you six pack abs”. If you strive to have six pack abs you will need to dedicate yourself to a sound nutritional plan that results in the loss of body fat. (More on that later) Here are our top 7 Ab Exercises:
- Stability Ball Crunch
- Mountain Climbers – yes believe it!
- Leg Raises w/ABC’s
- Plank w/Rotation
- Russian Twist
- Stability Ball Knee Tucks
- Bicycle Crunch
Thursday, November 29, 2012
- Eat in moderation- I love the holiday food selection and I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but moderation is the key. Feel free to indulge, but don’t overindulge. This includes alcohol!
- Have an eating plan- Playing off the first item. You need to eat the bad (but oh so good) food moderation, but the majority of your meals should be centered around the following: Lean Proteins, Starchy and Fibrous Carbohydrates.
- Exercise- Finding time to exercise during the hustle and bustle of the holidays can be a challenge, but if you plan ahead and work your plan you will find that you can get your exercise in.
- Stay Active- Yes this is different than exercise. For me exercise is defined and doing the extra work beyond what you would do during a typical day. Staying active implies finding ways to burn more calories through out the day. For example if you sit all day at work, try and stand up as often as you can. If you stand all day, then try to walk around. Get the point?
- Practice distraction- If you have kids you might be familiar with this concept. Here is the skinny, do something that distracts you from the unhealthy habits. For instance, if you are chatting with a friend next to h’oderves you are likely to mindless graze on the h’oderves. Move the conversation away from the temptation of h’oderves save yourself and friend from the unwanted calories. Put yourself in a position to be successful.