Wednesday, December 4, 2013

No Excuses, Be Consistent!

It is a cold and snowy today in Aurora, Colorado.  As I watch the wonders of winter I am reflecting back on the days when I would see the snow and feel the cold and decide not to head over to the gym to workout.  Like you I had my share of excuses such as: “I don’t want to brave the traffic”, “I am warm and cozy already”, or  “its just to cold to be outside”.  The one that would get me most of was, “Naw, I’ll get it done tomorrow”.  Thankfully, there is a way to get a kick butt workout and never have to leave the comforts of home or office.

Give this 20 minute Fat Burning workout at try.

Warm Up:
  • 15 Body Weight Squats
  • 10 Push Ups
  • 20 Jumping Jacks
  • Repeat 2 times No Rest


The Workout:
  • Plank- hold for 20-30 seconds
  • Prisoner Squats -- 20 reps
  • Push Ups – 20 reps
  • Reverse Lunge – 15 reps per leg
  • Mountain Climbers – 30 reps
  • Rest 60 secs and Repeat 3 times


The concept when making healthy changes is to find ways to be consistent.  Look for reasons to be successful. 


It is only the rare few who look forward to each and every workout or healthy meal.  The vast majority will have moments where it just easier not to get the workout in or make the better eating choice.  When we reach these moments it is amazing how easy the excuses come. It is amazing how easy it is to justify.  I am asking you not to take the easy road.  Take the road less traveled and find a reason to stay consistent. Find a reason to get the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger